Tom J. Watson
FREELANCE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Hi, I'm Tom - a freelance software engineer. When I'm not working, you'll find me playing badminton, watching too many types of motorsport or sitting on a terrace somewhere in Madrid.
I’ve recently been taking a proper look at WebAssembly for the first time and decided to do a little performance testing.Read more »
- alt - a stupidly simple but useful cli alert util
- Some lesser-known vim tips from 8 years of use
- Decentralising the web with Dat and Beaker Browser
I'm a full-stack developer with 7 years experience working on high-availability, high-traffic web applications and APIs. I have particular expertise in:
- Python, Node
- SQL / NoSQL, caching, search, queueing
- Unit testing, continuous deployment
- ReactJS, AngularJS
- Modern frontend tooling (ES6, Webpack, SASS)
Here are some things that I've built over the years.